KUA Registration Procedures for Foreigners in Indonesia


For couples who marry between different countries (Indonesian citizens and foreigners), a number of the requirements requested will be a bit more complicated and require quite a long time preparation. Various documents from both countries will be needed for this.

If you want to be legally married, then the marriage must be done in KUA (The Office of Religious Affairs) by both partners (if a Muslim). KUA Registration Procedures require a number of introductory documents, where the management process can begin as follows:

Documents Required for KUA Registration Procedures

Sumber: katahukum.com

Before arranging a marriage at KUA, a number of initial documents will be needed in the form of letters N1, N2, and N4. This can be taken care by following the steps below:

  • Visiting the head of the local RT (local Neighbourhood association), where one of the couples (WNI) is domiciled and asks for a letter of introduction to the Kelurahan (village office). After getting this cover letter, make sure the letter has been signed and stamped by the local RT and RW, before finally being taken to the District office.
  • Bring all the cover letters to the Kelurahan (village Office). Don’t forget to attach a photocopy of your KTP (ID card), birth certificate and family card. The Kelurahan (village office) will process and issue N1, N2, and N4 letters for further processing in the sub-district.
  • The N1, N2, and also N4 letters are then brought to the sub-district office, where these letters will be signed and stamped by the Camat (Head of Sub district).

After the initial requirements are met, the next step is to take care of the marriage to the nearest KUA office. Before visiting the KUA office, don’t forget, the foreigner should prepare the document requirements, too:

  • CNI (Certificate of No Impediment) or permission to get married in another country issued from the embassy of the prospective husband / wife.
  • Photocopy of birth certificate.
  • Photocopy of identity card (KTP) of the prospective husband / wife country.
  • Photocopy of passport.
  • Certificate of domicile (current address of the prospective husband / wife).
  • Photographs 2×3 (4 sheets) and 4×6 (4 sheets).
  • Certificate of conversion (if the previous religion was not Islamic).

In dealing with the various conditions of this marriage, all documents in a foreign language must be translated into Indonesian. This must be done by a sworn translator.

Also you shouldn’t give the original documents to the KUA, because it poses a very risk to the security of these documents. Just include the required documents in photocopy form, and keep the originals for yourself.

Tinggalkan Balasan

Alamat email Anda tidak akan dipublikasikan. Ruas yang wajib ditandai *

scroll to top